Follow ME button from AddThis
Share, Pin and LIKE This Page:
Your Home's Appeal
Seller Increasing Your Home's Appeal
Remember the 60-second rule:
That's all the time you have to
create a winning first impression.
Here are some simple to significant
ways to maximize your home's appeal.
* Keep the
grass cut and remove all yard
* Weed and apply fresh mulch to
* Apply fresh paint to wooden
* Tighten and clean all door
* Clean windows inside and out.
* Power wash home's exterior.
* Ensure all gutters and downspouts
are firmly attached and functioning.
* Paint the front door.
* Buy a new welcome mat.
* Place potted flowers near the
the furniture in each room and
remove anything that interrupts "the
flow" or makes the room appear
smaller. Consider renting a storage
unit to move items off-site.
* Clean and organize cabinets,
closets and bookshelves.
* Clean all light fixtures and
* Shampoo carpets.
* Remove excessive wall hangings and
* Repair all plumbing leaks,
including faucets and drain traps.
* Make minor repairs (torn screens,
sticking doors, cracked caulking).
* Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
* Replace worn cabinet and door
* Fix or replace discolored grout.
* Replace broken tiles.
* Replace worn countertops.
Special details for
* Turn on
all the lights.
* Open all drapes and shutters in
* Keep pets secured outdoors.
* Buy new towels for bathrooms.
* Buy new bedding for bedrooms.
* Replace old lamps or lampshades.
* Play quiet background music.
* Light the fireplace or clean out
the ashes and light a candelabrum.
* Infuse home with a comforting
scent, such as apple spice or
* Set the dining room table for a
fancy dinner party.
* Vacate the property while it is
Contact us about
selling your home
My Real Estate Designations and Certifications:
Additional Resources and Newsletters:
||Copyright 2011-2014 Texas Five Star Realty Web Site Developed by